Monday, October 18, 2010

Sudden turn-around


OK, so I have good news regarding the drama. Today, a couple of hours ago actually, my roommates sent me to CVS Pharmacy to buy some toilet paper. I walk in, like always, and head to the back of the store. I scratch my beard(way too scraggly these days), and remember that I made a point to buy shaving cream, so I walk over to the men's hygiene section. I was perusing one of the isles, looking at shaving cream and shampoo(I swear this is just like a teenage sitcom) and I look up to find L standing there. A moment lapses were our eyes meet and then she runs forward and crashes into me, breaking out into this prolonged embrace. She buries her face into the groove of my neck and starts apologizing...(we stand there hugging a few seconds until I notice an old lady awkwardly next to us purposely rattling her shopping cart to get through. xD) So we break away, and leave the isle. Then it picks up as if nothing happened. As if we're still good friends who happened to bump into each other at the grocery store. We chat a bit about how she's doing with her "newer" group of friends and whatnot. Admittedly, I was unkempt, unshaven, and mildly hungover this morning so I wasn't in a great mood, yet talking to her made me feel energized again. It felt weird. It was like re-settling into a neglected routine.

So, I'm glad to say that it looks like normalcy has seeped in again. At least I'll know to be more skeptical when growing that close to someone. If she starts acting up again, I might have to think twice about completely canning the friendship. We'll see.

BTW...someone needs to do away with Katy Perry. She's squeaky, over-synthezised, and has the intelligence of half a negative peanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment