Sunday, August 15, 2010

OK, so I am beyond tired of all of these flaky scholarship websites. Last night I received an e-mail from Hispanic Scholarship Fund indicating that I wasn't elligible for any of the scholarships I had applied to 6 months ago(it wasn't last minute, I filed ahead of time to ensure that I would get them, mind you) ...3.7 GPA, graduated from Highland Park(ranked 12th in the nation), and wrote 3+ remarkable essays for each of the scholarships. Additionally, I filed the FAFSA, tax returns, everything, as required. Anyways, it pisses me off. It's not right. I applied to not one, but three of their scholarships, and I wasn't elligible for any of those. That's ridiculous. Hispanic College Fund pulled the same shit, indicating that I wasn't "in financial need". That's amusing, because last time I checked, I live with a single mother who currently works in two teaching positions so she can pay the rent for our condo in Highland Park. The annual tuition at the school I will be attending is 32,000, plus other costs(such as living, supplies, etc.) sums it up to a total of 50,000 a year. I guess I have to be dirt poor and mexican to qualify. I can't imagine any other reason. Fortunately, California College of the Arts has some pretty generous scholarships available, in which I was able to narrow down the cost to about 2/3rds of the original sum. That, and student loans.


***on a much lighter note, I came across this(see below) the other day. God damn I want to hit that. I just wish someone would have jabbed the camerman on the back of the knee. Hehe. *sigh* there's a couple of more screencaps of him on that same site, in which he's wearing a little sweater vest and nothing else. ><



PLAYLIST~

If I Ever feel Better- Phoenix
Step Into My Office, Baby- Belle&Sebastian
Eh, Eh, Nothing Else I can Say- Lady Gaga(this has been, and continues to be my favorite GAGA song~)
On the Wing- Owl City
Love on the March- Belle&Sebastian
California Girls-Beach Boys(the ORIGINAL. Not shit-face Katy Perry's version)
The Tourist- Radiohead
All We Have is Now- The Flaming Lips

No comments:

Post a Comment